Ensure the smooth functioning and accurate recording of trustee business, safeguard CHI’s ‘corporate memory’ and facilitate hand overs between officers:
- Arrange dates and venues for board meetings
- Circulate agendas and other papers as required
- Take minutes
- Maintain CHI Policies and ensure regular reviews
- Maintain lists, with contact details of members, trustees and project managers
- Ensure new trustees and project managers receive copies of CHI Articles, Objects and Policies
- Receive external communications via post or the website and distribute as appropriate
- Maintain records of external commitments, memberships etc.
- Encourage and moderate the use of Google Docs.
Ensure that CHI donors and volunteers are kept informed and committed:
- Maintain a database of donors, volunteers and supporters
- Publish regular (quarterly?) newsletters by email or social media
- Organise occasional events for supporters to meet and discuss CHI activities
- Maintain and periodically refresh CHI profile on volunteering websites
- Seek coverage in the local press and news sites.