Project Manager Job Description
Manage the relationship between CHI and an overseas CF centre so as to improve the lives of CF children in that location.
- Maintain good relationships with the overseas centre staff, the Parents Association and the UK clinical team.
- Develop work plans in consultation with these groups and in accordance with CHI’s Mission and Values. (Typically an outline plan for three years and detailed proposals for the next 6 to 12 months, updated annually.)
- Obtain Board approval for the work plan and budget.
- Seek external funding from potential sponsors, e.g. pharmaceutical companies and ex-pat associations.
- Carry out the work plan: Manage and participate in visits to and from the overseas centre:
- Agree the objectives and detailed agenda.
- Conduct a risk assessment.
- Arrange visas if required.
- Arrange transport and accommodation.
- Provide interpretation if required.
- Arrange appropriate entertainment / leisure activities.
- Facilitate the visit to ensure objectives are met and participants have a good experience.
- Manage visit finances and keep accounts.
- Take notes and photographs.
- Write a report of each visit for our records and update the country plan.
- Report progress, or the lack of it, and share experiences with fellow Project Managers and trustees.
- Maintain contact with partners and gather feedback on the results of the visit in terms of benefits to patients.